Last week I promised a recipe about our dinner Monday night. I made an Almond Coconut Crusted Chicken to go with our green salad and roasted butternut squash (one of my absolute favorite things to eat by the way.) Being on a grain free diet for the past two months has led me to create alternatives to some of our favorite foods or recipes. The almond coconut crust I made totally replaces panko bread crumbs, and when you season it with salt and pepper it is so so good.
ALMOND COCONUT CRUSTED CHICKEN-GRAIN FREE, GLUTEN FREE, DAIRY FREE RECIPE
- 3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thinner smaller pieces. (think chicken tender size)
- 1.5 cups of almond flour
- 1.5 cups of unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2-3 eggs whisked well
- salt and pepper
- Parchment paper
- baking sheet
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your almond flour, coconut flour, and whisked eggs into separate bowls.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the almond flour, then into the eggs, and then into the coconut.
- Place each piece of chicken onto a baking sheet that is lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle ground pepper and sea salt over each piece of almond coconut chicken.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until each piece is looking golden brown and crispy.